I recently read a book that gave me a whole new perspective on how I should be starting out my daily routine. It seemed that I had found myself in a cycle of getting up, going to work, coming home, letting the evening slide by, going to bed and repeating the cycle the next day. Talk about a real life version of the movie “Groundhog Day”!
Author Hal Elrod (www.halelrod.com) has composed a masterpiece of a solution to this dilemma in his book entitled “The Miracle Morning”. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “early to bed early to rise” etc. etc. but the book points out that there is some truth to this adage. It says that if you get yourself into a disciplined routine of doing tasks that known successful people do, you stand a good chance of becoming successful yourself. A purpose of the Miracle Morning is to devote the beginning portion of your day towards personal growth and development which as a result could have your enjoying a more fulfilling and rewarding life. Throughout the book the reader is reminded that we all deserve a fabulous life but that proper actions are needed in order to achieve the desired results.
A key nugget (and a gold nugget at that!) of information that the author provides are activities which he describes as the “SAVERS.” Each of the letters stands for an activity that will help you get into a proper success-oriented mindset.
– “S” is for silence. Suggested techniques for engaging in silence and meditation are provided. This is for the purpose of being able to attain clarity and from there a sense of purpose is realized.
– “A” is for affirmations. Remember boxer Muhammad Ali saying over and over “I’m the greatest!”? These were affirmations at work and guess what, his record stands for itself. You will be shown how to develop affirmations that will tune your mind into achieving desired goals.
– “V” is for visualization. Learning how to imagine desired outcomes in your mind and feeling as though you are actually experiencing what it is that you want is key!
– “E” is for exercise. Part of the Miracle Morning routine involves a regular routine of exercise. This contributes to not only your physical health, but your mental alertness as well. A simple walk around the block, ride on the bicycle or a good run can work wonders on revving your energy levels and readiness to fully engage in the activities of the new day.
– “R” is for reading. In order to develop personally, one needs to be learning new things on a regular basis. Read books on topics that not only interest you but will also help you on your quest to pursue greatness. Learning is a lifelong experience that should never stop.
– “S” is for scripting. The intent of this is to convey the importance of writing (which you can also call scripting). Recent studies have shown that the physical act of writing something down as opposed to texting something into a digital device such as an iPhone is more effective in enforcing thoughts into the brain. I have my notepad at the ready!
As an aspiring entrepreneur, the information presented in Elrod’s book “The Miracle Morning” is something that you cannot afford to pass up. If you are struggling to find purpose as well as learning what it takes to get the jump start to propel you forward, this book may be just the key you need to get you on the right path!
Here’s to you “Making It Happen”!
Oh yes…………Thanks Hal!!